Tuesday, March 3, 2015

2/22 Class Review

The new characters introduced today were: 写、业、足、球 and 哪。We emphasized on the right stock orders when writing Chinese characters. It may not look like a big deal until you start to write fast or practicing Chinese calligraphy. So I showed a short video about Chinese calligraphy to the class and also brought in a beautiful Chinese calligraphy calendar as a concrete example. I'm not sure how much the kids will take from all of these "lecture" style teaching, but at least it's one way to get my point crossed.  

Today's lesson in our textbook focuses on practicing the phrase "XX在哪儿?(where is XX?)" But I believe that is too easy for this group of kids. So we didn't really spend much time on that. Instead, we played the character Bingo game again and finished reading the 《团圆》picture book for the remaining time.



New Characters of Today


watching a short documentary movie on Chinese calligraphy



Creating our own Bingo boards by practicing writing characters
One child picks up a character and reads it aloud to the whole class, as part of the Bingo game
the Bingo boards we created!

No comments:

Post a Comment