It has been a tradition at Newstar Chinese School that we celebrate the lunar Chinese New Year together as a community, with wonderful performances and some of them are presented by the kids/classes. Although the preparation and rehearsal are inevitably time-and-energy-consuming and interrupt our regular classroom activities, I do believe in the value of our participation in this community event. For the children, performing publicly on a big stage is not only a memorable cultural experience, but also provides them opportunities of unique social and cognitive learning throughout the whole process.
With that said, our rehearsal last Sunday turned out to be a productive yet primitive one. Partly due to the limited time we had spent on it, we were one of the least prepared groups on the stage! As the classroom teacher, I have to admit that I should have done a better job preparing our kids. But meanwhile, I'm glad that we still have few days left (for practicing the song and movement at home) and nobody would expect a "perfect" show from us! Rather than merely sitting here blaming myself, now I'm sending out this message to all of you, my helpful TAs and supportive parents. Please help us prepare ourselves (especially the kids) for the show by practicing the song and the movements over and over again till next Sunday!
Here's the link to the Youtube video that the children may follow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBO-65IPAis Or, you may simply google search "一年级拼音歌" and find it easily from the search results.
On Sunday, the Feb 8th, we will meet in the classroom as usual, at 1:30 pm, sharp. Please arrive on time; so that we can gather everyone and do a last-minute rehearsal before our show on the stage. Also please dress the children properly. Ideally, white tops and black pants for boys and red dresses for girls. We will dismiss the students around 2 pm so that they can join their families and go to the party (@DHS Performance Hall) that starts at 2:30 pm. I have all the tickets for the students with me right now. Please remind me distributing them when we dismiss the kids. I assume that we will all sit in one assigned area in the performance hall by 2:30 pm. After finding your sits and sitting down, the teachers and TAs will help gathering the kids when it's our time to get on the stage.
We can't make this great show without your tremendous support and kind patience! I hope you enjoy the show and feel proud of your youngsters next Sunday! We wish you a Peaceful and Prosperous Year of the Goat!
| Rehearsal 祝大家: 羊年大吉、合家安康! |
No comments:
Post a Comment